1. Artificial tears, preferably without preservatives as these may increase the toxicity of the eye drops.
2. Omega 3 fatty acids, in their purified triglyceride form, constitute a unique preparation with a high concentration of EPA and DHA. It is precisely this purified form that gives it an absorption up to 70% higher in the body compared to other forms commonly found in stores, while avoiding undesirable effects such as fishy smell or digestion problems.
3. The application of warm compresses or eye masks, ideally combined with an eyelid massage.
4. Eyelid hygiene
5. Increasing humidification by using portable humidifiers for the home and office and, in more advanced cases, goggles specifically designed to keep moisture out of the eye.
6. Medical or surgical treatment.
*Products for dry eyes are offered by Conseil Optométrique GF only
Dr. Gabriel Fanous has completed his doctorate in optometry at University of Montreal in 2013.
In 2006, he started working at the Montreal Eye Clinic as a technician. He joined the team at the Montreal Eye Institute upon completion of his university studies in 2013. He has experience in keratoconus and dry eye.
Meet Dr. Gabriel Fanous
Eye dryness in Montreal
Call us to meet with an eye doctor.
Contact us at
Montreal – Saint-Laurent
2300, Boulevard Marcel-Laurin,
Saint-Laurent, QC, H4R 1J9
8005 Boul. Du Quartier
suite 305, Brossard J4Y 0N5
Make an appointment
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our interventions